Sales Engineer, Liquid Handling (Houston)
- Northeast, TX
- August 26, 2020
- Save for later
What you will do
The Sales Engineer is responsible for selling the Tecan Liquid Handling product line within the defined territory. This includes all LH products, as well as Tecan Reagents, Consumables and Service Contracts. His/her primary roles are to ensure that their sales objectives are met or exceeded within acceptable profit goals. He/she will also work directly with existing & new customers to identify their needs, understand their application methodology and apply this knowledge to offer a Tecan solution.
RESPONSIBILITIES WILL INCLUDE
* Responsible for all aspects of the local sale including but not limited to; prospecting, lead generation & follow-up, quotations, demonstrations, negotiations, contracts, terms & conditions, closing, through the installation and post-sale support process.
* Serves as a responsible representative of Tecan US, Inc. and operates with integrity and honesty in all business contacts.
* Achieves sales plan for assigned territory
* Develops and maintains a high level of consultative sales skills, product and application methodology knowledge with associated features and benefits required to convert customer needs to sales.
* Obtains sufficient knowledge of accounts in order to develop, and maintain account strategies to convert specific company needs to Tecan solutions.
* Develops and maintains effective time, territory, and account management practices.
* Responsible for providing regular and accurate forecast information for the territory in the CRM.
* Participates in or supports local, regional and national shows as requested.
* Conducts demonstrations and coordinates installations and customer training.
* Builds relationships with procurement departments to streamline the approval processes.
* Adjusts content of sales presentations (within the guidelines of regulatory) by understanding the customers explicit and implied needs.
* Complies with regulatory requirements for appropriate Market & Business Units.
* Maintains accurate and timely data in the CRM
* Responds to problems or complaints that arise in accounts, either by personal action or by securing the assistance and support from others in the organization.
* Works as a liaison for reporting customer complaints to Tecan Technical Services and making recommendations to management.
* Works regularly with the Service organization to insure customer satisfaction and to realize revenue on a predictable and timely manner.
* Appropriately manages existing accounts and establishes new accounts by planning and organizing daily work schedule to call on existing or potential sales opportunities.
* Maintains all company supplied equipment and material in a safe, useable and serviceable condition.
* Completes all reports and customer information effectively and consistently as deemed necessary by the company
* Gives feedback to management regarding new potential applications or competition in the marketplace
* Ability to travel (often on short notice).
* Handles essential tasks as assigned, and responds to change productively.
* Proactively looks for leads for Tecan Detection products and passes on these leads to DET sales counterpart.
* Follows all local safety procedures, State and Federal OSHA Regulations, and reports any safety concerns.
WHAT YOU BRING ALONG
* BS or BA degree in Biomedical Engineering, Bioengineering, Molecular and Cell Biology, Biology, Chemistry, Biochemistry or related life sciences field
* Minimum 3 years sales experience in capital equipment in the Life Science market
* Broad industry knowledge with microplate instrumentation and laboratory automation is a plus
* Ability to manage and develop sales territories while also managing costs and risks
* Strong organizational and time management skills
* Ability to effectively communicate (orally and written) both technical and non-technical topics
* Strong presentation skills demonstrated before customer, peers, and upper management
* Ability to recognize and manage potential problem areas and resolve them with integrity
* Ability to understand the needs of clients and co-workers
* Must be self-motivated
* Ability to mesh well with others by being a good listener, a team builder and an articulate advocate of the vision
* Ability to travel, at times on short notice
* Ability to work well under pressure
* Ability to multi-task
* Possesses an adaptive behaviour when necessary - a willingness to learn something new; to do something a new way.
* High level of commitment and initiative
* A desire to make the difference
* Proven team player
WHAT YOU WILL GET
* COMPREHENSIVE COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS PACKAGE
* Progressive employment conditions
* Exciting career opportunities
* Wide range of training courses
* International and diverse environment (30+ different nationalities)
* Strong company culture with rich history
* Global mindset with Swissness at heart
Look no further and apply now!
We are looking forward to receiving your application online. Please submit your resume (w/o picture and w/o cover letter, reference letters and diplomas are optional).
We will only consider applications that fully meet our requirements.
#LIFESCIENCE #HEALTHCARE #AUTOMATION #MEDICAL DEVICE #BIOLOGY #BIOTECHNOLOGY #SALESEXCELLENCE